Ainsworth Accountants: Accounts, Tax and Business Advisors.

Income Tax Guide

What is Income Tax ?

Our Basic Guide to UK Income Tax

Income Tax is the main UK tax for individual people, including Self-Employed Sole Traders.

The UK Income Tax Year runs from 6th April in one year to 5th April in the next year.

What Income is Taxed by Income Tax ?

These are the main areas of personal income which are taxed as Income Tax:

• Salaries and Wages for people who are Employed, paid by PAYE
Self-Employed businesses, paid under Self Assessment for businesses
• Pensions
• Interest on Savings
Property Rental Income
• Income from a Trust

Self Assessment

If you have a variety of sources of income, you will probably need to file a Self Assessment tax return to HMRC, either on paper by 31st October, or online by 31st January, following the previous 5th April.

GOV.UK and HMRC Links

GOV.UK : Income Tax
Self Assessment Check

Thanks for visiting.
If you need further help
please call us:
07986 381123
0845 250 0515
9:00am to 5:00pm