Ainsworth Accountants: Accounts, Tax and Business Advisors.

Guide to Limited Company Tax

We can file all your company taxes for you.

This webpage describes some of the more usual taxes involved for a Limited Company.

There are several taxes involved in a Limited Company, including:

Corporation Tax

• and Self Assessment for an individual as a Director

Corporation Tax

Corporation Tax is a tax on the profits of a Limited Company.

These tax calculations can be quite complex which is why they would normally be done by qualified accountants, and this is part of our service.

PAYE / Payroll

If you are a Director of the limited company, you will usually be an employee of the company and on the Payroll of the company. This means that you will have a salary and receive a payslip, just like any other employee.

The company will usually run a monthly payroll and may need to deduct Income Tax and National Insurance on the payslip and pass this on to HMRC under the PAYE tax system every month.

Payroll is part of our service.

Self Assessment

For an individual Director, HMRC say they require a personal Self Assessment tax return in addition to the limited company's Corporation Tax return.


Please visit our VAT webpage for more details.

For each of the above taxes, please note:

• All of these taxes are now filed online
• Each has a separate registration process

Thanks for visiting.
If you need further help
please call us:
07986 381123
0845 250 0515
9:00am to 5:00pm

More Information About
Limited Companies

Companies House

Companies House is the home and registration place for all companies in England and Wales.
Companies House Link


The UK Government is building a substantial website of information for businesses:

Our Webpages:

Limited Company Formation

Setting Up A Limited Company

Shareholders' Guide

Directors' Guide

Director's Loan Account

Annual Accounts

Getting Paid from your Company

Limited Company Bookkeeping


Limited Company Taxes

Confirmation Statement

Dormant Companies