In 2016, the Companies House Annual Return was replaced by the new Confirmation Statement
This web page continues to display information regarding the former Annual Return.
More details from GOV.UK:
Confirmation Statement / Annual Return
Former Annual Return Main Points
• The Annual Return was a once-a-year confirmation of the company's Shareholders
, Share Capital
and Registered Office
• The Annual Return was filed online
with a fee of £13.
• Company Directors
were responsible for filing the Annual Return, although frequently they appoint the company's accountants to file it.
• The Annual Return was not
the Annual Accounts
• The Annual Return included a declaration of the company's SIC Code
Annual Return Due Date
The Annual Return had to be delivered to Companies House
within 28 days of:
• the anniversary of incorporation of a company, or
• the anniversary of the made-up date of the last annual return.
Companies House Webfiling
The Annual Return was filed by Companies House Webfiling
Annual Return - Late Filing - No Penalty
There was no "routine" late filing penalty if the Annual Return is filed late.
If the Annual Return was not filed at all, Companies House may prosecute the company and its Directors and may strike off the company.
Please note that there are penalties if the Statutory Accounts
or Corporation Tax Returns
are filed late.
Links to more information
Companies House: Annual Return
Companies House: Annual Return - more details